- Rule #0: Spam is theft.
- Rule #1: Spammers lie.
- Russell's Admonition: Always assume that there is a measurable
chance that the entity you are dealing with is a spammer.
- Sharp's Corollary: Spammers attempt to re-define "spamming" as that
which they do not do.
- Rule #2: If a spammer seems to be telling the truth, see Rule #1.
- Crissman's Corollary: A spammer, when caught, blames his victims.
- Rule #3: Spammers are stupid.
- Angel's Commentary: Spammers think it's okay to steal a little bit
from a lot of people.
- Krueger's Corollary: Spammer lies are really stupid.
Pickett's Commentary: Spammer lies are boring.
- Russell's Corollary: Never underestimate the stupidity of spammers.
Spinosa's Corollary: Spammers assume everybody is more stupid than
- Spammer's Standard of Discourse: Threats and intimidation trump facts
- Rule #4: The natural course of a spamming business is to go bankrupt.
- Rules-Keeper Shaffer's Refrain:
Spammers routinely prove the Rules of Spam are valid.